45 Places To Sell Hand Made Product
Published Nov. 11, 2017
Hand made products from people all over the world are starting to become main stream. Ebay
and now Etsy
have made it possible for home made products to build brand and a customer base. But did you know there are now literally dozens of sites that will let you list your hand made product.
Listing on multiple sites does increase the overhead of managing separate payments and deliveries, however, it also increases the sales per month. Assume your Etsy
store is doing about 10 sales a month. Listing the products on 30 other sites each adding 5 sales a month ( maybe they're not as awesome as Etsy
), will yield 160 sales a month instead of just 10. Thats the kind of boost your product might need to turn from hobby into sustainable business.
Looking at it from the other side. Lets say you need $3,000 a month to make your home made business a full time job. If your product profit margin is $30 per unit, you need to sell 100 a month. Listing your item on just Etsy
means it needs to sell 100 orders per month. Listing it on 30 more hand made craft sites means each one only needs to sell 3 per month, which is very realistic and possible.
So if you sell hand made products consider all of the sites listed below as possible channels. The hardest part is doing the first one, after that you've got the product photos, descriptions, and pricing, its mostly just copy and paste. Many of the sites below also use PayPal as the payment collection, so all your funds will go to the same account. Setting up a common email for all of them will help track order notifications in one place.
The online marketplaces where you can list your products in vague order of popularity:
- Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
- At aftcra we are honest, hardworking and unique – just like you! Our goal is to sustain a marketplace that you can call your own while showcasing items that you've created without all of the typical clutter.
- ArtFire.com is a marketplace, craft and maker community where people from around the world come together to buy, sell and interact.
- Since 2005, Big Cartel has been a company built by and for artists. And like the artists we work for, we are independent. We are self-funded. We are selling a handmade product. We are doing it the hard way. And we love it.
- We remove the technical expertise needed to build a profitable online business, making the joys of entrepreneurship accessible for all. Our product is built by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. We understand what it means to be too busy for inconvenience.
- DaWanda is an online marketplace, where thousands of different designers offer products for sale in their own shops.
- Storenvy is home to emerging brands and inspired goods. It's a place where you can launch a custom store in minutes, and a place where you'll discover amazing, one-of-a-kind things you can't find anywhere else.
- Founded in 2007, Supermarket has always been a designers’ marketplace. It began in Brooklyn with world class artisans and continues to attract the most talented makers and connect them with discerning customers and fans.
- We created Yokaboo because we needed an online store to sell our own artwork, prints and t-shirts. Something that is simple to use, looks good, is functional and can give us freedom.
- Zibbet is a marketplace powered by a global community of independent artists, crafters and vintage collectors. It's a place where you can buy the most amazing, unique and inspiring products that can't be found anywhere else.
Made It Myself
- Painters, sculptors, woodworkers and other artisans now have a way to turn their hobbies into profitable businesses. Introducing Made It Myself, a new online marketplace where users can buy and sell handmade goods. It’s the perfect way for vendors to display their unique wares while buyers search for and purchase one of a kind, hard to find items.
- Folksy is a place to buy and sell hand crafted or designed work from UK designer-makers.
- We are a small group of web professionals who are passionate about the web and all things handmade. We strive to develop beautiful websites and ways to make selling and shopping online as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- SilkFair is buying and selling made easy. Our name takes its roots from the trade routes for commerce called “Silk Route” or “Silk Road”, established by the ancient civilizations of China, India thru the Middle East to the Mediterranean Sea.
- At ShopHandmade we're here for two reasons: We enjoy handmade crafts and we want to help people enjoy crafting and enjoy giving handmade items. Handmade items are personal, special, and unique in this world.
- MISI is the UK's online handmade marketplace. It was set up by a keen crafter in 2008 and since 2013 it runs under new administration with the goal of making it the best online home for the UK handmade community. MISI brings together the UK.s craft community and gives them a place to sell and showcase their amazing creations. Buyers can find high quality products with a personal touch.
- Empower. Connect. Preserve. Those are all powerful, fundamentally important mantras that drive us. But at the very core of what we do, at our very essence - we've succeeded only if we make both artisans and customers happy.
- Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford when he purchased land at the base of beautiful 12,000-foot Mount Timpanogos in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. This pristine place of natural beauty radiates splendors of giant pines and aspen trees, gurgling streams, sweet fragrant air, and fields of wildflowers. It has become the Sundance Village.
- We know that there's a story behind every product. It's that of an emerging designer just introducing her work to the world; artisans working collaboratively in a low income country; or a seasoned artist crafting each of his pieces by hand. With your help, we're building a community of passionate people who love our products and connect with the stories behind them. We're growing not only our artist family, but also a strong following of customers who celebrate artists and delight in surrounding themselves with creative design.
- Cargoh is a social marketplace for independent art, design + culture. An easy to use e-commerce solution for independent creatives to buy and sell the things they create. We saw a need for a venue to support a huge community of emerging designers. So we built it.
- We believe that a great shopping experience starts with a point of view, so we recruited a team of fashion, beauty, health, and home experts to teach you everything you need to enjoy the best lifestyle finds.
- Redbubble is quite simply the finest and most diverse creative community and marketplace on the interlink. There, we said it. With artists and designers hailing from every corner of the globe, displaying eye opening talent, skill, passion and enthusiasm for all forms of creativity there really is no better place for you to get your artistic kicks.
- Imagine surrounding yourself with works of art that truly move you or make you happy. At Artful Home, find your inspiration among thousands of works created by North American artists, a collection curated by a team of art world specialists.
- Creatives of all types are turning exciting ideas into unique products outside the mainstream. ShopWindoz gives these designers and artists the opportunity to become shop owners and sell their products online to a global audience.
- They sell handmade goods on a fairly straight forward site with a blog and a forum. Unfortunately they lack an about us page so not sure how to describe them.
I Made It Market
- I Made It! Market (IMI) is a nomadic indie crafts marketplace that provides opportunities for artists to bring their wares to market. We partner with neighborhood, mainstreet, community, arts, and non-profit organizations to raise funds and awareness for their organizations and to assist them in improving the communities we share.
- he impetus for establishing a website catering to the antiques and collectibles world grew out of Tom’s love of 1950s California Pottery, many pieces of which were acquired via the web. Combining his passion for antiques and collectibles with his high-tech background, Tom created Ruby Lane in 1998 and named the site in honor of his mother Ruby.
Hand Made Catalog
- HandmadeCatalog.com was formed in 2002 as a way for shoppers to experience a virtual arts and crafts fair. The World Wide Web was just emerging back then and the idea of an online marketplace was just forming. As the online community continues to evolve, HandmadeCatalog.com is committed to embrace all the Internet has to offer in terms of hand crafted items. If imitation is truly a form of flattery, then we are flattered! We are the longest running online crafts marketplace and you are bound to notice similarities to our site and so many other like it, but I know we were here first.
Hand Made Artists
- Handmade Artists are weekend sculptors of stone and clay, garage rat woodworkers, grandmas and college students addicted to chainmaille and beads and other shiny things, steampunk creators, hobbyist knitters and crocheters, empty nest parents that do watercolors in the now, spare room. We are the reusers, recyclers and upcyclers. Some sell their work, while others are just "learn-a-holics" always looking for that next craft to try.
- Chictopia is the ultimate online destination for trendsetters to be inspired, socialize, and share in fashion. While Hayes Valley attracts the stylish in San Francisco, and Soho attracts the stylish in NYC, Chictopia is the global online attraction for style enthusiasts. Chictopia has an audience of women who strive to revolutionize fashion.
- Mela Artisans is a luxury lifestyle brand that combines traditional handcrafting techniques with the freshness and functionality of contemporary design. Our distinctive and original collections fuse modern designs with enduring techniques passed down through generations in artisan communities.
- LocalHarvest connects people looking for good food with the farmers who produce it. Buying local is about enjoying real food, grown yourself or purchased from people you trust. It's about developing strong local economies and producing food on a human scale. It's about eating seasonally, practicing the art of cooking, and sitting down to enjoy meals together.
- Hello! I am Jessie, Founder of Lilyshop and lover of all things creative! When I'm not crafting, cooking, photographing, and filming for Lilyshop I'm usually eating candy or at Disneyland or eating candy at Disneyland with my babies.
In addition to the purely hand craft outlets, there are a online stores that are more commercial. These are often tougher to set up and may have some minimums but their reach is much larger. Once your product has proven itself in the hand craft market and you have your supply chain in order, expanding out to the big online hubs is a natural next step.
- Handmade at Amazon is a new store on Amazon.com for invited artisans to sell their unique, handcrafted goods to our hundreds of millions of customers worldwide.
- For 20 years, we've been working to create more economic opportunity for everyone. And we're just getting started.
- Bare bones listing site for everything. Works well for local sales.
- Welcome to our great value online marketplace. Thinking about selling in the future? eBid has zero listing fees and a maximum 3% selling fee!
- At Overstock.com, we strive to provide our customers with quality products at the best prices possible. All the while, we make all efforts to give them a level of service that they will never forget, making them want to come back for more.
- CQout is an International online market place and auction community, where we'll help to "Seek You Out" a real bargain !
Light In The Box
- LightInTheBox is a global online retail company that delivers products directly to consumers around the world. Founded in 2007, LightInTheBox has offered customers a convenient way to shop for a wide selection of lifestyle products at attractive prices.
- We operate leading online and mobile marketplaces in retail and wholesale trade, as well as cloud computing and other services. We provide technology and services to enable consumers, merchants, and other participants to conduct commerce in our ecosystem.
- iOffer is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell practically anything. There are 100+ million items for sale with thousands of active buyers and sellers. iOffer was founded in 2002 and is based in San Francisco, California.
- Newegg Inc. is a leading online retailer committed to becoming the most loved and trusted marketplace on the web. We tirelessly pursue these goals by offering a superior shopping experience, rapid delivery and stellar customer service.
- Since 1995 we've provide antiques and collectibles merchants with online stores to sell their merchandise.
- bidStart is an online marketplace and community connecting buyers and sellers of collectibles; including stamps, coins, comics, sports cards and more; offering auction & store items. bidStart stands out in the industry by offering unrivaled customer service with a personal touch and low selling fees.
Having all these channels is not only driving sales but building awareness. They are not a replacement for having your own website
. To fully capitalize on every visitor to each of these sites that views and purchases a product the packaging materials should inform buyers of your dedicated website. Every referral or future purchase will be more likely to occur on your site, ultimately building up a steady flow of traffic and sales directly from you. Not only does this save in fees but builds value in your brand.